How do scientists group animals?
That was one of the questions that the children investigated last week.
Working collaboratively the children researched information using books and an iPad app.
They focused on creating a poster for a particular animal classification and will share their new knowledge with others in the class in order to discover the similarities and differences between animals.
Student-led-Conferences
I was resilient.
I was a good communicator.
I was a good self-manager.
I was nervous when I came to school but then I was confident.
I had fun teaching my dad to paint.
I was very good at explaining.
I had trouble telling my mum what to paint.
I was a good teacher.
These are some of the children's reflections that were recorded last Friday after the conference day.
Most of the children admitted that they felt nervous or worried when they arrived at school but many of them managed to overcome their trepidation as they began their conference.
Although the conferences are completed we need to continue to help the children achieve the personal target that they want to achieve by the end of Term 3.
Thank you parents for your encouragement and positive interactions during the conferences.
Please check the G1 information link located on the right of this blog.
Please check the G1 information link located on the right of this blog.
























No comments:
Post a Comment